The ZARGES BatterySafe Intermediate is our new case for the safe packaging and transport of lithium ion batteries. The ZARGES solution is comprised of an aluminum case with a custom lining, which contains an intumescent glass fiber material that suppresses ignition and extinguishes flames. The BatterySafe Intermediate offers all the available features of our standard K470 cases, including secure latches, stacking corners, three fully-welded aluminum profile frames, and easy loading and unloading. The cases are appropriate for a variety of uses including for defense contractors standardizing battery management, vehicle battery development, medical equipment, and drones.
U.N. Certification is available on select cases for domestic and international shipping, including UN3090, UN3091, UN3480 and UN3481.
- For 1 – 1,500 Wh batteries (at 100% state of charge)
- Intumescent glass fiber fire-retardant anti-stat lining and cushioning
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Construction
- Case outfitted with three separate cavities, each 17 x 5 x 5″
- Cavities may be subdivided (x2, x3, x4, or more) with BatterySafe intumescent glass fiber pad. Extra pads may only be ordered with BatterySafe or after online purchase
- Custom Configurations for Higher Wh Batteries
- Passed Fire Test with Three 500 Wh Lithium Batteries: 1) Fire completely contained and filtered. 2) No thermal runaway, ajacent cells, protected. 3) Exterior temperature remains below 100°C
- Prototype and Damaged Batteries
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Drones and UAVs
- Electric Bicycles
- Medical Equipment
- Power Tools
This intumescent glass fiber lining pad allows users to subdivide the three cavities of the ZARGES BatterySafe Intermediate case while maintaining thermal isolation of each subdivision. Pad is only available to customers who have purchased or are purchasing a BatterySafe Intermediate case.
Overlander.com is the best place on the planet to invest in gear for your vehicle. Here’s why:
1-Year Low Price Guarantee - We’re confident our price is the lowest available, both now and for the next year. If you see it cheaper anywhere within a year of purchasing let us know and we’ll refund the difference.
60-Day Trail Tested Guarantee - We’re committed to selling only high-quality, reliable gear you can count on for your adventures. If your purchase doesn’t live up to expectations you can return it for a full refund, even if you’ve installed it or already used it in the field.